The plant Maximilianswerk (also known as short Maxwerk) is a hydroelectric power plant on the Auer Mühlbach in Munich. The operator of the power plant is the Stadtwerke München. The Maximilianswerk plant is one of the oldest still operating hydroelectric power plants in Bavaria. It came into operation in 1895 after a year of construction. So it is not noticeable in the vicinity of the Maximilianeum, Carl Hocheder built in the style of a Baroque garden or hunting lodge.
Click the pictures to view them in full screen
Cameras and equipment used for the pictures
Click the pictures to view the other pictures of the sights
Angel of Peace (Munich) Street art
The Street Art Gallery under the Luitpold Bridge, not far from Friedensengel, is a highlight on the Isar. The pedestrian underpass can be entered from different sides, partly by stairs.
Slaughterhouse (Munich) Street art
In Munich, there were two public slaughterhouses until 1878, one at the Färbergraben and one at the Viktualienmarkt. In the years 1876 to 1878, according to the plans of the city councilor Arnold Zenetti, the slaughter and cattle yard of Munich…