Museum Brandhorst

[29 photos]

Description

Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (056)
48° 8′ 54″ N, 11° 34′ 27″ E

The Museum Brandhorst was opened in Munich on May 21, 2009. It displays about 200 exhibits from collection of modern art. Anette Brandhorst, the great-granddaughter of Henkel’s founder, and her husband Udo Fritz-Hermann began collecting art in 1971. When Anette died in 1999, her husband Udo donated the collection to the state of Bavaria on the proviso that the state build it a fitting home.

The building with its long, two-storey, rectangular structure and multi-coloured facade composed of 36,000 vertical ceramic louvres in 23 different coloured glazes, was created by the architect Sauerbruch Hutton and is located next to the Pinakothek der Moderne in the Kunstareal. The museum displays a selection of about 100 works of Andy Warhol (Hammer and sickle, 1976, The Last Supper, 1986) and more than 60 works of Cy Twombly, making it the largest Twombly collection outside the US. One of the museum’s rooms, an irregular octagon, was created specifically to house the Lepanto cycle, a painting in 12 parts.

Photo index

Click the pictures to view them in full screen

Collages

Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (1)

Photos

Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (003)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (005)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (008)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (010)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (011)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (014)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (016)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (018)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (027)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (031)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (038)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (040)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (044)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (045)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (047)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (054)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (056)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (057)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (062)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (067)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (072)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (083)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (085)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (089)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (091)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (094)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (099)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (103)
Museum Brandhorst
Museum Brandhorst (109)

Cameras and equipment used for the pictures

See also

Click the pictures to view the other pictures of the sights

Glyptothek (Munich)

Glyptothek (Munich)
Glyptothek (Munich) (1)
48° 8′ 46″ N, 11° 33′ 56″ E

The Glyptothek is a museum in Munich, Germany, which was commissioned by the Bavarian King Ludwig I to house his collection of Greek and Roman sculptures. It was designed by Leo von Klenze in the neoclassical style, and built from 1816 to 1830.…

Königsplatz

Königsplatz Bale Harvest - Michael Beutler
Königsplatz (1)Bale HarvestMichael Beutler
48° 8′ 45″ N, 11° 33′ 55″ E

Königsplatz (King’s Square) is a square in Munich. Built in the style of European Neo-Classicism in the 19th century, it is a centre of cultural life. The area around Königsplatz is today the home to the “Kunstareal”, Munich’s gallery and museum…

Google Maps