Narni is an ancient hill town at an altitude of 240 m. It overhangs a narrow gorge of the Nera River in the province of Terni. The area around Narni was already inhabited in the Paleolithic and Neolithic Ages, as attested by finds in some of the caves. The Romans conquered Nequinum in the 4th century BC and made it a position of force in this key point of the Via Flaminia the famous road which connected the city of Rome to the Adriatic Sea. In 299 BC it became a Roman Municipality, and took the name Narnia. It is very close to the Geographic centre of Italy. Jean-Baptiste Camille Corot painted in 1826 ’Bridge of Narni over the Nera River’.
Click the pictures to view them in full screen
Cameras and equipment used for the pictures