The monastery of Padula (Certosa di Padula / Certosa di San Lorenzo), founded by Tommaso San Severino in 1306, constitutes the second largest Chartreuse in Italy after the one in Parma and is dedicated to St Lawrence. Besides its 320 rooms and halls, it has the largest cloister of the world (12,000 m²). The white marble spiral staircase leads to the library.
Click the pictures to view them in full screen
Cameras and equipment used for the pictures