Piazza Colonna is a piazza at the centre of the Rione of Colonna in the historic heart of Rome. It is named for the marble Column of Marcus Aurelius which has stood there since 193 CE. The bronze statue of Saint Paul that crowns the column was placed in 1589, by order of Pope Sixtus V. The Roman Via Lata (now the Via del Corso) runs through the piazza’s eastern end, from south to north.
Click the pictures to view them in full screen
Size of original pictures: 4,992 x 3,328 pixels, 5,472 x 3,648 pixels or 5,616 x 3,744 pixels