Click the pictures to view them in full screen
Size of original pictures: 4,992 x 3,328 pixels, 5,472 x 3,648 pixels or 5,616 x 3,744 pixels
The Munich Residence (Münchner Residenz) is the former royal palace of the Bavarian monarchs of the House of Wittelsbach in the centre of the city of Munich. The Residenz is the largest city palace in Germany. The complex of buildings contains ten courtyards and displays 130 rooms. The three main parts are the Königsbau (near the Max-Joseph-Platz), the Alte Residenz (Old Residenz; towards the Residenzstraße) and the Festsaalbau (towards the Hofgarten). A wing of the Festsaalbau contains the Cuvilliés Theatre. It also houses the Herkulessaal (Hercules Hall).
The Byzantine Court Church of All Saints (Allerheiligen-Hofkirche) at the east side is facing the Marstall, the building for the former Court Riding School and the royal stables.
The Hall of Antiquities (Antiquarium), built between 1568 and 1571 for the antique collection of Duke Albert V (1550-1579) by Wilhelm Egkl and Jacobo Strada, is the largest Renaissance hall north of the Alps.
The Elector of Bavaria Maximilian III Joseph ordered the construction of a new theatre outside the palace after a fire in the St George’s Hall of the Residence which had served previously as a theatre room. It was built from 1751 to 1753 by François de Cuvilliés in rococo style. The carving was done under supervision of Johann Baptist Straub.
Click the picture to view more pictures of the sight
The Nymphenburg Palace (Schloss Nymphenburg) is a Baroque palace in Munich. The palace was the main summer residence of the rulers of Bavaria. The palace was commissioned by the prince-electoral couple Ferdinand Maria and Henriette Adelaide of…