Roccascalegna is a village in the Abruzzo, 455 m above sea level on a rocky hills dominating the Rio Secco valley, an affluent on the right bank of the Aventino River. On the big rock a steep castle overlooks the village. The stronghold was built in 1250 by Gualtiero Palearia. In 1647 the baron Corvo De Corvis ordered the so-called “ius primae noctis” with redemption agreement.
Click the pictures to view them in full screen
Cameras and equipment used for the pictures