Designed by Giacomo della Porta, the Fountain of the Tortoises (Fontana delle Tartarughe) was built in 1581-1588 and decorated by the Florentine sculptor Taddeo Landini. The four bronze tortoises, which give the name to the fountain, were added by the hand of Bernini only at the time of its restauration in 1658-1659.
Clicca sulle foto per visualizzarle a schermo intero
Rome is the capital of Italy and also of the homonymous province and of the region of Lazio. With 2.7 million residents in 1,285.3 km², it is also the country’s largest and most populated municipality and fourth most populous city in the European… [Per saperne di più]