47° 49′ 20″ N, 11° 55′ 11″ E
The pilgrimage church of St. Marinus and Anian (Wallfahrtskirche Wilparting) is the Catholic village church of Wilparting, a district of the municipality of Irschenberg in the district of Miesbach. It rises above the grave of the two saints; the little Veitskapelle marks the place where the cell of the Saints Marinus and Anianus was located. The burial church of the two saints is one of the oldest Christian cults in Bavaria and has been a place of pilgrimage for over 1000 years.
[Per saperne di più]
The present church owes its Baroque exterior to the renovation of a late Gothic building in 1697 by Johann Mayr d. Ä. von der Hausstatt (1643-1718). The interior is predominantly determined by the Baroque style of 1759. The centerpiece of the church is the monumental high grave of the two saints from 1778.