Coordenadas: 41° 56′ 0″ N, 12° 6′ 9″ L
Ladispoli occupies the area of the ancient Alsium, the port of the Etruscan city of Cerveteri. It was destroyed in the 6th century, during the Gothic War, by the Ostrogoths led by Totila. Later a castle, named Palo, was built in the area. It was a fief of the Orsini and, from 1693, of the Odescalchi family.