Rothenburg ob der Tauber is a town in the district of Ansbach, located in the Franconia region of Bavaria, well known for its well-preserved medieval old town on the Romantic Road. The name “Rothenburg ob der Tauber” means, in German, “Red fortress above the Tauber”. This is so because the town is located on a plateau overlooking the Tauber River. In 950 the weir system in today’s castle garden was constructed by the Count of Comburg-Rothenburg. In 1070, The Counts of Comburg-Rothenburg, who also owned the village “Gebsattel”, built Rothenburg castle on the mountain top high above the Tauber River.
Índice de fotos
Haga clic en las imágenes para verlas en pantalla completa
Fotos tomadas con una Canon EOS1