The monastery of Padula (Certosa di Padula / Certosa di San Lorenzo), founded by Tommaso San Severino in 1306, constitutes the second largest Chartreuse in Italy after the one in Parma and is dedicated to St Lawrence. Besides its 320 rooms and halls, it has the largest cloister of the world (12,000 m²). The white marble spiral staircase leads to the library.
Clicca sulle foto per visualizzarle a schermo intero
Dimensioni di immagini originali: 4.992 x 3.328 pixels, 5.472 x 3.648 pixels o 5.616 x 3.744 pixels