Certosa di Padula (66)
Photo: Certosa di Padula

Padula
120 Photos / Page 1 of 2
40° 20′ 9″ N, 15° 39′ 8″ E

Description

The monastery of Padula (Certosa di Padula / Certosa di San Lorenzo), founded by Tommaso San Severino in 1306, constitutes the second largest Chartreuse in Italy after the one in Parma and is dedicated to St Lawrence.

Besides its 320 rooms and halls, it has the largest cloister of the world (12,000 m²). The white marble spiral staircase leads to the library.

Map: Padula

★ Open the Google Maps link in a new window at the location: Padula

Photo gallery
120 Photos

Page 1 of 2 / Photos 1 to 60

Click on a picture to view it in full screen mode.

Display captions on images:

★ Don’t miss: Most beautiful photos of Italy