48° 9′ 47″ N, 11° 27′ 25″ E
The former hunting Castle Blutenburg is located in the west of Munich, in the town district of Obermenzing. The castle dates back to a water castle of the 13th century. The core of this castle was a residential tower. The fortress is first mentioned in writing in 1432. Between 1431 and 1440, the future Duke Albrecht III had the “Pluedenburg” developed into his country seat. After the murder of Agnes Bernauer (1435) the Duke occupied the Blutenburg with his second wife Anna von Braunschweig.
His son, Duke Sigismund, later renounced the regency and retired to Blutenburg. He devoted himself to the construction of churches and castles and to the expansion of the Blutenburg. Although a chapel devoted to St. Andrew and George was already in tower IV of the plant, he probably built a more representative, independent chapel chapel in 1488 through the building lodge of the Munich Frauenkirche according to the plans of Jörg von Halsenbach, which still contains a grave chair of the painter Jan Polack (1491).