Menu
Fountain of the Tortoises (18)
Photo: Fountain of the Tortoises

Fountain of the Tortoises
20 Photos
41° 53′ 38″ N, 12° 28′ 39″ E

Description

Designed by Giacomo della Porta, the Fountain of the Tortoises (Fontana delle Tartarughe) was built in 1581 - 1588 and decorated by the Florentine sculptor Taddeo Landini.

The four bronze tortoises, which give the name to the fountain, were added by the hand of Bernini only at the time of its restauration in 1658 - 1659.

Map

Map: Fountain of the Tortoises
Map: Fountain of the Tortoises

★ Open the Google Maps link in a new window at the location: Fountain of the Tortoises

Photo gallery
20 Photos

Photos 1 to 20

★ Don’t miss: The most beautiful photos of Italy