Coordinates: 41° 53′ 57″ N, 12° 28′ 36″ E
The Piazza della Rotonda is a square in Rome, on the south side of which is located the Pantheon. The square gets its name from the Pantheon’s informal title as the church of “Santa Maria Rotonda”.
In the center of the piazza is a fountain, the Fontana del Pantheon, surmounted by an Egyptian obelisk. The fountain was constructed by Giacomo Della Porta under Pope Gregory XIII in 1575, and the obelisk was added to it in 1711 under Pope Clement XI.