The Fontana dell’Acqua Paola also known as Il Fontanone “The big fountain” is a monumental fountain located on the Janiculum Hill, near the church of San Pietro in Montorio, in Rome. It was built in 1610-12 to mark the end of the Acqua Paola aqueduct, restored by Pope Paul V, and took its name from him. It was the first major fountain on the left bank of the Tiber River.
Don’t miss: Most beautiful photos of Italy
Pictures taken with a Canon EOS1-Ds Mark II