Coordinates: 41° 54′ 12″ N, 12° 28′ 15″ E
The Palazzo di Giustizia or Palazzo dei Tribunali is located in Rome, on the banks of the Tiber, near the Castel Sant’Angelo. The palace was built between 1888 and 1910. For this purpose, gigantic blocks of Roman travertine from Tivoli (sedimentary limestone) were used. The colossal building was intended to unite the various courts (formerly in the Palazzo Montecitorio) in a building. Even today, the Court of Cassation (Corte Suprema di Cassazione) is housed there. The square before the palace is called Piazza dei Tribunali and combines elements of Neo-Classicism and Renaissance with Baroque statues and other decorations.